One of the best fan-made productions of The Little Mermaid I have EVER seen!!! Come watch it now!

Love fairy tales and mythology?
Fans of mermaids, dragons, unicorns, and other mythical creatures?
Enjoy when a beloved classic tale is retold?
A Twist in the Tail Thursdays features all this and more!

It's been a while since we brushed off this feature! A Twist in the Tail Thursdays has always been one of my favorite aspects of this blog, but neither Mandy nor myself has read much in the genre lately...or has posted about those titles earlier in the week. *cough TO KILL A KINGDOM cough*

I have been wanting to share this video I found with you guys since I saw it in late January/early February, but as you know, I didn't blog nearly enough last month and so I forgot.

But I am so obsessed with it and if you like mermaids or retellings, you HAVE to discover it! I'm actually surprised it hasn't gone viral yet!

PattyCake Productions posted a video on YouTube entitled The Grande Mermaid starring Emma Dahlin as Ariel, Jean Paul Acocella as Prince Eric, Emoni Wilkins as Ursula, and Rachel Copland-Evans as Vanessa. Instead of dialogue, the 5 minute film is fueled by lyrics from various Ariana Grande songs that the cast sings, and they work so well with the plot.

The graphics are spot on. I'm especially impressed with the short film's rendition of Ursula!

So much effort and creativity went into making this amazing video. (And I'd LOVE IT if they uploaded a behind-the-scenes video because I just can't get enough of this!)

Take a peek right now:


YouTube Link





I can't wait to hear if you love this video as much as I do!

(Also, you should TOTALLY watch this month's release The Disney Showman, which brings Walt Disney's dreams for his future to life using music from The Greatest Showman!)


YouTube Link



Comments