Spotlighting IRELAND by Frank Delaney (On Sale Today!!!)

Love fairy tales and mythology?
Fans of mermaids, dragons, unicorns, and other mythical creatures?
Enjoy when a beloved classic tale is retold?
A Twist in the Tail Thursdays features all this and more!
I love the novel IRELAND by Frank Delaney, and it's on sale digitally for $1.99 on nook, Kindle, etc.

Whether or not you're Irish (I'm not!! Today is more about my dad's birthday than it is St. Patrick's Day for me), IRELAND is a fantastic book to read today...and at an amazing price, no less!


 What I love so much about IRELAND is the way it teaches you Irish History and Mythology while telling you a story at the same time. It reads like lore, like folktale: It tells the story of places in Ireland such as building Newgrange. It introduced me to things I'd never heard of, and immediately wanted to look up. Reading IRELAND wasn't the same as reading a history book, since it's told in novel form.

I also love the idea of Storytellers who go around and bring whimsy and tradition and history to families. The art of reciting a story in such a fashion has long since faded into obscurity, and I loved the charm that framed this story, and the way it's a story inside a story.

It's been a long time since I read IRELAND, but I still think fondly on it and have been meaning to re-read it for a while. After writing this post, I really want to dig it out and begin anew right now!
~*~

O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  IRELAND
Author: Frank Delaney
Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
Publisher: HarperCollins // Avon
SUMMARY:

In the winter of 1951, a storyteller arrives at the home of nine-year-old Ronan O'Mara in the Irish countryside. The last practitioner of an honored, centuries-old tradition, the Seanchai enthralls his assembled audience for three evenings running with narratives of foolish kings and fabled saints, of enduring accomplishments and selfless acts -- until he is banished from the household for blasphemy and moves on. 

But these three incomparable nights have changed young Ronan forever, setting him on the course he will follow for years to come -- as he pursues the elusive, itinerant storyteller . . . and the magical tales that are no less than the glorious saga of his tenacious, troubled, and extraordinary isle.

Comments