Top 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top Ten Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me!


This topic is just cute and FUN!!!!
I feel like a little silliness today, so here we go!


1) TO READ A BOOK BY TOUCHING IT

If I had a superpower, it would be to touch a book and immediately know the entire story. There are just SO MANY books I want to read and NOT ENOUGH HOURS. With every awesome ability, of course, there's a flaw: I could never undo something I didn't want to read if I picked it up. Working in a bookstore or a library would definitely be out! So would random browsing!!

2) MATCHING COVERS/SIZES
I HATE when a series changes mid-cover. I want them to be COMPLETE. Especially when the new covers are butt-ugly. (Jackson Pearce and Shannon Hale, anyone?) Likewise, when the covers get BETTER, I want my old cover to magically be the new one--especially if it's signed and I don't want to part with the old version! And what's up with multiple books in a series not being the same height despite being the same format!? OR the third book in trilogy debuting in paperback when the first two are in hardcover?? (Or worse, e-book only and no print!!! I have two Tracy Deebs novels in hardcover and the final book is an e-book exclusive and IT BREAKS MY HEART!!!) 

3) MAKING EVERYONE FALL IN LOVE WITH THE BOOKS I LOVE


Do you need a recommendation? THIS is the book you need in your life!!!! Ahhh, and it's your first time with this author/book? I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! Fandom of One? Pffft, no such thing with this wish!

4) TO HAVE A "FIRST TIME" TWICE

Do you ever get jealous when someone is reading a book you love for the very first time? You can never read it and fall in love the exact same way twice. I want to fall in love with the book all over again and have that first time AGAIN!!!


5) BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO AUDIOBOOKS

I have hearing loss, and if I were to listen to audiobooks, I'd need subtitles, and, well, that would defeat the purpose of LISTENING, right? But it would be SO NICE to listen to a book when I'm painting my nails or something and not have to worry about getting polish all over the pages when they needed to be turned. (Ahhh, the good thing about e-readers!!! ...We won't talk about the small glitter stain at the edge of my nook's frame from this indulgence of mine...)

6) NOT DESTROYING BOOKS WHEN THEY BECOME MOVIES

Some movies get it right. Most don't. We won't even talk about how horrifying two of my favorite books, ELLA ENCHANTED by Gail  Carson Levine and MY SISTER'S KEEPER by Jodi Picoult, translated to film. They are 99% removed from their source and lost so much heart and WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS. No more bad screen translations, please!

7) MORE ROOM FOR MORE BOOKCASES

Because I just don't have enough space!!!! I need more, more, more! Heck, can I just have Beast's library, please???

8) A BETTER MEMORY

My memory is SO BAD. I can barely remember facts I read about the book I just finished reading last week, let alone one I read months ago. It's one reason I'm a re-reader! I'd love to remember more details so I don't ALWAYS have to re-read.Or so that I could fall more in love with the characters. Or remember more when referring to things when talking with friends or even just reviewing books!

9) ALL MY BOOKISH FRIENDS TO LIVE NEAR ME

The internet is awesome because I've found all of you fellow bookworms, and we love so many of the same books. Buuuuut why don't we all live closer to one another!? Let's have a real-life book club, okay??

10) LESS BRUTAL WAITS...OR JUST NO CLIFFHANGERS?

I'm NOT good at waiting. The anticipation KILLS ME after a bad cliffhanger. So can we make it so we never have to experience that bookish stress again? Or, hey, maybe we can just have all the books at once?

    
What bookish wishes would you ask for? ^_^

Comments