A Round-up of Intriguing Titles From Book Expo, Day One!

Hey Bookworms!

(Did you miss yesterday's peek at the BEA Show Floor and a recap of the Teen Author Carnival?)

The first day of BEA was fantastic! I ran into so many bloggers and chatted with some new faces as well. I also got to talk to two publicists I've been working with for a while now, which was a highlight of the day for me!

Another highlight was seeing a Broadway musical! I saw Something Rotten on a co-worker's recommendation. It was hilarious! It's up for a whopping TEN Tony Nominations next month. I think it will scoop up quite a few!!!


 And of course, I got some great books already, too. Narrowing down my highlights to share was HARD and this list is longer than I'd like. I apologize to your TBR now!

THE SIGNED BOOKS:


*STELLA AND CHARLIE: FRIENDS FOREVER by Bernadette Peters
~So excited to meet her,  ahhhh!!!
*THE SILENCE OF SIX by E.C. Myers
~Yay for local authors doing well!!!

THE BOOK TOO GORGEOUS FOR WORDS:

*ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff ~Just LOOK at this video! I've never seen a HARDCOVER galley before. This book is gorgeous!!!

YouTube Link

THE UNIQUE:


*THE GOLDEN COMPASS: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 by Philip Pullman with illustrations by Stéphane Melchior-Durand and Clément Oubrerie


THE BOOKS I'D NEVER HEARD OF THAT SOUNDED MOST INTRIGUING:


*A MILLION MILES AWAY by Lara Avery
~The summary for this one is crazy intriguing!
I kind of want to read it right now!
*THIS RAGING LIGHT by Estelle Laure
~The life that Estelle grew up living is ttragic and I love that it inspired her book!
*OMEGA by Lizzy Ford
~Goddesses. Say no more!
*NEVER SAID by Carol Lynch Williams
~Another one that sounds intriguing!


THE BOOKS I WENT TO BEA HOPING TO FIND:


*WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER by Rae Carson
~Already read this one. Can't WAIT to chat about it!
*VIP: I'M WITH THE BAND by Jen Calonita
*THE SCORPION RULES by Erin Bow
*COURT OF FIVES by Kate Elliott
*THE GIRL WHO COULD NOT DREAM by Sarah Beth Durst
~Love her!!!


BOOKS I DIDN'T ANTICIPATE BUT WAS GLAD TO SEE:


*A THOUSAND NIGHTS by E.K. Johnston
~Just preordered this from Book Depository because the UK cover is stunning!
*ANOTHER DAY by David Levithan
*ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL by Jesse Andrews
*VENGEANCE ROAD by Erin Bowman
*NEWT'S EMERALD by Garth Nix


WHICH TITLES ARE YOU MOST INTRIGUED ABOUT???

Comments