A Round-up of Intriguing Titles From Book Expo, Day Two!

Hey Bookworms!

(Did you miss yesterday's peek at the BEA Show Floor and a recap of the Teen Author Carnival?)

The first day of BEA was fantastic!

So was Day Two! If yesterday was for taking it easy, relaxing, and discovering new titles, today was for standing in author signing lines for a few books I was really excited about!

This NEVER happens, but somehow, I was able to see everyone I REALLY wanted to. It was amazing!

I was also fortunate to be invited to two spectacular publisher events! 


Harlequin Teen Event:



Between the breakfast and the BEA signing event later on, I got some great titles! I'm especially intrigued by A LEGACY OF KINGS and, after the morning, NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES as well!
It was awesome to meet the Harlequin Teen Team at breakfast! They also brought four of their authors to meet us:


(L to R)  Eleanor Herman, Adi Alsaid, Katie McGarry, and Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Then we conversed speed-dating style as the Harlequin Team and the Authors rotated tables.  It was sooo much fun!

AND Eleanor Herman knows how to dress for a party!!!


MACMILLAN EVENT:


This year, Macmillan threw a great party in the evening. Not only did I get to chat with some publicists I love working with, but they brought  some of their authors as well!

(L to R) Leigh Bardugo, Marissa Meyer, Josephine Angelini, Sandy Hall, Leila Sales


The event was hosted in The Rare Book Room at The Strand, one of the best used bookstore I've ever been to. I've always wanted to go into this room, but they've always been closed when I try. Being there last night was gorgeous:

 
THE SIGNED BOOKS:
 

I was SO EXCITED to meet these authors and get these books. This was my Want List and I was very lucky to get everything!


*PASSENGER by Alexandra Bracken 

~This had the longest line I've been in so far! She is the sweetest, most genuine person and I can't wait to read this! 

*TRULY, MADLY, FAMOUSLY by Rebecca Serle 

~I forgot to take a picture because I was too busy chatting! Loved FAMOUS IN LOVE last year!


*THE MAGIC STRINGS OF FRANKIE PRESTO by Mitch Albom

~I was really excited to meet him because TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE was very special to me. I like that he's back to telling the interesting stories of real people!


*AFTER ALICE by Gregory Maguire

~An Alice in Wonderland retelling from the author of WICKED!

 
*UPDRAFT by FRAN WILDE
*BARSK: THE ELEPHANTS' GRAVEYARD by Lawrence Schoen

~I had never heard of either author, but they live in the area! Someone recommended UPDRAFT because E.C. Myers gave it good early buzz and it was fantasy, and she was at a table with Lawrence, whose book is a little more sci-fi fantasy! 


*THE MAGICIAN'S LAND by Lev Grossman

~I have co-workers who love Lev Grossman. I've never read him, but I hear great things about this series!

*PRETTY BABY by Mary Kubica

~I went to Harlequin Adult Hour just for this title because it's going to be a big title for fans of psychological thrillers such as GONE GIRL. She previously has published a book called THE GOOD GIRL in the same genre that has sold well!


THE BOOKS I'D NEVER HEARD OF THAT SOUNDED MOST INTRIGUING:


*STORM by Virginia Bergin
~This is a sequel to H2O. I heard about this at BEA *last* year from a very excited publicist, but they weren't giving away copies yet. I'm intrigued by this series! 

*CITY ON FIRE by Garth Risk Hallberg
~THE book of BEA this year! 1,000 BEA galleys and a $2 million advance! 

*THE GILDED LIFE OF MATILDA DUPLAINE by Aex Brunkhorst
~Gatsby-esque!!!

WHICH TITLES ARE YOU MOST INTRIGUED ABOUT???

Comments