Introducing Musical Artist Rachel Platten and her empowering anthem "Fight Song!"

Hi bookworms! Today, I'm departing from the books to bring you some new music!

I was at work the other day and had an encounter with one of my regulars, who works with various musical artists. He told me that one of his artists, Rachel Platten, had just been signed and was getting ready to blow up big. He asked me to go online and listen to her song "Fight Song," as well as "1,000 Ships" and "Nothing Ever Happens."

I went home, listened, and...really enjoyed what I heard!

"Fight Song" reminds me of "Brave by Sara Bareilles and "Roar" by Katy Perry. By that, I don't mean that one ripped off the other and has the same backing music. I'm talking about the MESSAGE. All three of these ladies are singing about empowerment, about believing in yourself, about making a change, about standing up to create a difference, about never giving up.

The video also states that "Fight Song" was featured (at some point, I don't know when) an episode of Pretty Little Liars, so maybe you've already heard it. A couple of days after being introduced to the song, I actually heard it in passing on the radio. I have no clue if the song has hit major airwaves across the country or not, tbh. (But again, maybe it has and you already know this song! That's a GOOD thing!) I don't really listen to the radio or follow what's blowing up. I hope she's getting exposure across the nation, because this song has a great message and is catchy enough to be a summer hit.

If you like the song, go ahead and request it from your local radio station or chat it up on social media! I'm certainly going to. ^_^

Take a listen to "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten now!


And just because...!

Have an empowering day by also listening to

"Brave" by Sara Bareilles


and  

"Roar" by Katy Perry!



Comments