12 Days of Giving: 2014 Holiday Nail Polish Collections

I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).
 &
Check out my blog every day for the next two weeks to see some great gift ideas! 
Miss a day? Catch up now!


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

NAIL POLISH!

How I love nail polish!!!

It's been a long, long time since I did a Mad About Nails post. I've had issues with my nails being weak and brittle since the summer, and they've been breaking as soon as they start growing out. So why show you gross nails? But they're slowly growing back. My pinkies and thumbs are long right now!

This holiday season, I looked at all of the holiday collections in Nail It Magazine and Nails Magazine and thought, "Nope, nothing I really need except maybe two of these." THEN my mom and I went to the store and saw them in person. SO MUCH PRETTY.

Between my mom and I, this has been our holiday haul (From Sally's Beauy Supply, Flirt Beauty, and ULTA. Thank goodness for coupons!!!):

(Sorry for the EOS in the picture [From BJ's]. I took this a while ago before I ever heard of Softlips Cube
or came up with yesterday's lip balm post!)


CHINA GLAZE

I wasn't sure there was anything I wanted from the Twinkle Collection, but I did want to see this one in person. My mom linked a lot of these in the ad, however, so we were glad to see them at Sally's Beauty Supply!

We picked up dark gray "Out Like a Light," metallic blue "December to Remember," and a boxed trio featuring "Define Good...," "Dancing and Prancing," and "No Peeking!" The kit also came with a free purse!



ZOYA


I love the formula for Zoya products, so I was excited to see the Wishes collection. I wound up scooping up pixie dust colors "Thea" (A beautiful deep purple) and "Imogen" (A stunning, glittery black). I've used these two in alternating nails a couple of times already, and let me tell you--they look good together!

I also picked up "Willa" because I've been looking for a good solid black from Zoya, and my mom continued her metallic blue trend with "Prim."


OPI

Brilliant red "Cinnamon Sweet" and dark shimmery "First Class Desires" were the two we picked up from the Gwen Stefani Holilday Collection. Most of these colors were very traditional. I didn't see any true standouts (Though I may borrow "First Class Desires" from my mom every once in a while!)

ORLY

This was the collection I was waiting to see in person! The nail bloggers had me SO EXCITED to see "Mirrorball," a shining holographic silver, and I already knew I wanted it. I also wanted to check out "Tinsel," because it looked fun and festive. The Sparkle Collection was the one nail polish collection I genuinely thought I'd be buying things from this season. I wanted two polishes. TWO.

And yet....look what we wound up with!

Comments

  1. Oh goodness I hate painting my nails it makes me feel like they can't breathe. But luckily my nails look like they have a permanent French manicure on them. Now toe nails I like to have them painted, I am terrible at painting them myself

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!