{Mad About Nails} Black & White Polka Dots! (In honor of Black Friday!)

I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).

Welcome back to another edition of Mad About Nails! 

In honor of Black Friday, I sported a great black and white mani! It was so fun and playful, and I really liked it!



For my Base Coat/Top Coat:

I have NO CLUE what top coat and base coat were used! I actually went to the salon and had my nails done with my mom. My cuticles were starting to tear badly and be painful, so I figured I'd let them fix that up for me. They did a great job with the cuticles! I had the same technician I had for my brother's wedding, though (My mom LOVES this place...and I think there are many better places), and she AGAIN butchered my nails. They were cut waaaaay too short...and this time, I made a note of telling her how I wanted them! I wanted to do cute holiday art this year ;_;

I brought in the polish myself, though, since I knew I wanted to do polka dots later in the week!

I handed her...


For my base color:


I brought ORLY "Liquid Vinyl" and Zoya "Purity" along for the ride! Both are really, REALLY shiny. If you want an amazing, perfect, shiny back, I am so in love with "Liquid Vinyl." I believe it's a staple for ORLY in their standard collection now. If not, it's easy to find, because it's often repackaged with various collections (Most recently, their 2013 Halloween Collection). Zoya announced "Purity in their 2008 Blissful and Purity Collection. They still sell it on their site! I only bought it during a special Buy One, Get One Free Halloween Treat Promotion they ran in October, so I know you can still get it! I decided to use "Purity" sight-unseen because I knew how shiny "Liquid Vinyl" was, and I didn't want my white looking dull. They look GREAT together!!!! So pleased!

For my design:

I used one of the pens in my collection of MASH Marbleizing Dotting Tool Pen Set from Amazon
MASH Marbleizing Dotting
Tool Pen Set from Amazon
$3.99 plus Free S/H!

to make my dots! I had my nails painted on Monday evening, and added the dots on Thanksgiving Day.

I again used ORLY "Liquid Vinyl" and Zoya "Purity."

I was pretty fast about it, so some of the dots are sloppy, but they still came out cute!

I didn't add a new top coat because my nails had already begun growing out! She didn't paint to the edges at the salon. (Plus, I usually paint at the end of the week because my nails like to grow right away if I paint them early in the week...) They were also showing signs of scratches. I was like, "Man, MY top coat and base coat are better than this!)

....And yet I still wore my nails like this for another week...I only just took it off! ^^;;;

Next time, you get to see my brand-new holiday design!!!


 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now?

Comments

  1. So creative with your nails. My nails are plain.. Someone needs to paint my nails.. Been waiting for years for this person to be free :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get my nails done because they never do it the way I want it. Loving the polka dots. Fun and classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, either. I did once earlier this year for my brother's wedding and then now b/c my cuticles were a mess. But I just...don't!

      I had so much fun with the dots! Will definitely have to do it again! :)

      Delete
  3. Fun right? Being creative while beautifying one's nails is truly a sight to behold. The black and white polka dot theme certainly is an eye-catcher! They really give the good color contrast to make your nails look more vibrant and lively. Thanks for sharing!

    Beulah May @ Bernards Salon and Spa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!