The Scribbler: I Had a Dream

I decided to retire Word Count Wednesdays because I don't often bother to post it.
I still like talking about writing, though, and decided to merge WCW into The Scribbler,
which can be for any writing topics I wish to talk about.


This morning, I didn't want to wake up because I was having the most bizarre dream, and I wanted to see where it was going and how the characters got out of the situation they were in.  Yes, characters.  I don't know how else to describe them.  I wasn't dreaming of myself in the scene, though! ^.~

Of course, by then I was half-awake and hugging the remaining wisps of the dream, so I didn't even remember how it started.  All I had was the one creepy-weird-crazy scene.

It's one of those dreams that I actually took the time to write down what I remembered happening, because it has the potential to be something.  This is the second time this year I've had a dream that revolves around kingdoms and fantasy, which makes me even more sure that my mind is begging me to write fantasy again.  So maybe I will!  *eyes FizzyPop and backs away slowly...again...?*

It doesn't help that this past weekend, I devoured Rae Carson's THE CROWN OF EMBERS, which was hands-down the best book I've read so far this year, and pure epic fantasy.  This past spring when Kristin Cashore's BITTERBLUE came out, I had the same experience.  How can contemporary match the sheer innovativeness of fantasy?  I put FizzyPop aside then, too. *coughs*

This scene is still spinning around in my head, and asking me Who/What/When/Where/Why/How.  I've already created a later scene in my head that really intrigues me, and wrote that down as well.  But again, like with all the fantasy ideas that taunt me, I need to find the motivation in the plot and develop so much before I can sit down to write. Blargh!

Comments