THE SELECTION: Coming to a TV Screen Near You?

I'm really excited, bookworms!

You guys know that I've been dying to read Kiera Cass' THE SELECTION since hearing about it in 2010.  I was even more excited when the beautiful cover debuted last year!  I was just peeking in at IMDB and saw that the CW has ordered a pilot episode of THE SELECTION.


The article states:


The CW has ordered three more intriguing drama pilots: One from J.J. Abrams, one that’s a “time-travel musical” (!) and a third that one insider described as “The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor.”
This is a very interesting crop. Here’s how it breaks down:
Title: The Selection
Logline: Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is an epic romance set 300 years in the future which centers on a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads.



Can you say EXCITED?  I can, especially after confirming the news on Cass' blog.  As long as they do it right, I'm in.  (Same goes for the time-travel musical if it doesn't turn into a wtf kind of thing.  I'm all about GLEE and SMASH!)

Comments

  1. Is it just me or does it appear to anyone else that she's smelling her armpit?
    Sorry, but I just can't figure out the pose of the model on the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!