Happy Book Day to Jodi Meadows, Shannon Hale, Diane Zahler, and FFXIII!



(This will be one of only two scheduled non-Cinderella-themed blog posts this week!)

What new releases are you most excited about this week? For me...


Happy Book Birthday to some amazing books this week:



INCARNATE by Jodi Meadows

I both can't wait to review this book for you and live in fear of reviewing this book for you.  Because it's so good, so amazing.  I'm afraid my review won't do this one any justice!

I loved it so much that I offered up my review copy as a giveaway this past weekend (The contest is now ended and initial winner probes are going out).  I'm hoping to receive my finished copy that I pre-ordered in the mail tomorrow!

I'm also thrilled to help celebrate Jodi's launch with the INCARNATE Theater Treasure Hunt.  Check it out and win some awesome prizes!  Here's what A Backwards Story is doing!


MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND by Shannon Hale

I love Shannon Hale.  I've had the pleasure of meeting this lovely lady twice and have all but two books signed by her.  The second time I met her, she told us a secret:  That she was working on the screenplay for her novel AUSTENLAND.  At the time, this wasn't widespread news.

Now, the movie has been filmed and will hit theaters later this year.  I can't wait!  I'm even more excited to dive into this second book!



PRINCESS OF THE WILD SWANS by Diane Zahler

Let's hear it for the fairy tales!  This is Diane Zahler's third middle grade novel.  While I don't expect to love this rendition of the tale as much as I do Juliet Marillier's DAUGHTERS OF THE FOREST, I *am* expecting to adore it for all that it is on its own.

I'm also enthralled with the fact that one of the agents I love and hope to query this year, Jennifer Laughran, now represents Zahler (She didn't before).



And belatedly...


Since I had no internet last week to properly list these new releases, the two books that I was most excited about were:


EVERNEATH by Brodi Ashton

The other book I gave away this past weekend.  I love the cover for this one and am so excited to have one for my bookshelf.  HarperTeen has such pretty designs; how can there be an e-book version of this cover?  Maybe if it had animated smoke or something...


I will definitely be featuring this one soon for Mythological Mondays!




THE NEXT FULL MOON by Carolyn Turgeon

This is Carolyn Turgeon's debut foray into YA.  She has previously written three novels. Last year, I read and reviewed MERMAID and GODMOTHER for Fairy Tale Fortnight.  She also was kind enough to do an interview for the event (and dished some details about THE NEXT FULL MOON!).  I haven't read RAIN VILLAGE yet because I would have nothing new left to read by her...but now I do!

THE NEXT FULL MOON deals with the daughter of the girl who was the swan maiden (How appropriate with Zahler's PRINCESS OF THE WILD SWANS releasing this week!).  This was first supposed to release last August, but postponed until now.  I've been waiting quite anxiously to get my grubby hands on this one!



And while it's not a book...



FINAL FANTASY XIII-2

Because it still counts, right?  Especially since, um...you can buy a strategy guide book for the game?  And if you pre-order at Best Buy like I did, they'll  give you a book entitled  episode i for FREE!!  So it totally counts!

And I, for one, can't wait to get back to the world of Pulse!  I know a lot of people didn't like FFXIII because it was too "linear" and didn't really have the towns, but I enjoyed the story.  And I liked the sadness of the ending.  And I discovered the singer Leona Lewis through her song "My Hands" at the game's end (and shared the song with all of you last year here)


Did I miss something amazing that I must know about?  Let me know!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!